I wanted to put some thoughts down regarding some of the news revealed this weekend at Star Wars Celebration Europe.
- the Grand Admiral Thrawn teaser in the Rebels season trailer was the best thing period! I remember reading the Thrawn trilogy in paperback when I was serving in the Army. When the whole Disney takeover happened, and the Expanded Universe was pushed to Legends canon, I was hoping at some point characters like Thrawn, Mara Jade, Talon Karrde, and Dash Rendar would find their way into the normal canon as well.
- That Rebels season 3 trailer got me really excited for whats to come! It will be interesting to see how they explore the light and dark use of the Force.
- May have to pick up a copy of Star Wars Battlefront, especially with the new expansion coming out. I still hate the fact that they did not create a single player campaign though. Worst oversight in a Star Wars game ever.
- I’m not surprised the only thing revealed for season 2, was the title: Knights of the Eternal Throne. If the chapters would have been released on time, starting in January like the originally planned, then we would’ve been finishing up chapter 16 in July, and maybe they could have revealed more. As it stands however, they pushed back chapter 16 for good reasons apparently, we don’t even have a teaser trailer for it, so anything revealed could have been a spoiler for the end of season 1.
- I’m interested to see what this Star Wars game planned for sometime in the near future is all about. We’ve had some brief teases of different things, including the Mos Eisley concept from Visceral Games. The thing that was peaking my interest the most was during the panel, how Amy Hennig was describing the need to get everything right to make a Star Wars story.
Finally some thoughts about SWTOR.
- I really love the music in SWTOR, and it still holds a prominent place for my memories of the game. From the music playing when you first arrive on Tattooine, Alderaan, or Coruscant, to the music playing when you get your ship, to the KotOR music playing anytime Revan appears.
- The other night I dreamed that KotFE, the 5 years in carbonite, everything past Ziost was a dream, which startled me awake. Please, Bioware, don’t use this trope! If we get the Pamela waking up to find Bobby in the shower dream, or the Bob Newhart waking up next to Suzanne Pleshette and the whole Newhart series was a dream, then I will revolt!
- I think I’ve written about this before, but seriously, whoever designed some of the planet stories, needs to have their head examined! I was doing Imperial Taris last night, and just the running back and forth was getting frustrating! Besides the initial and final meetings, all of the other Gravus meetings should have been conducted by holo-call. There was no need to be going back to base for these short cuts, period!
- I’ve been making changes to all of my strongholds. I still need to release pictures of my Nar Shadaa, Tatooine, and Yavin ones.
- I am debating a series of posts regarding exploration in SWTOR, with a focus on possible places to have hooks to new content.